The Category Two Global Business Company (“GBC 2”) is a tax exempt, low cost vehicle but does not benefit from the DTAs that Mauritius has entered into with other countries.
The key characteristics of a GBC 2
- Should have a registered office and agent in Mauritius, and its register of members, directors and secretary must be filed
- Corporate director is permitted
- Bearer shares are not allowed
- Board meetings may be held in or outside Mauritius but the latter
- An annual unaudited financial summary must be filed with the FSC within six months of the balance sheet date
- A foreign company may be redomiciled in Mauritius as a GBC 2 if the foreign law so permits and thereafter continue as a Mauritian global business company