Sphere can set up and manage trusts governed by the law of Mauritius. Through our network of partners and affiliates worldwide, we are also able to set up and manage foreign trusts.We provide the highest standard of fiduciary services. Our clients can rely on our precision and the fast delivery of strategic solutions to meet their objectives.Our Trust Services include:
- Setting up and management of resident and non-resident trusts in Mauritius and abroad
- Acting as Corporate Trustee on a variety of trust structures
- Acting as Protector, Enforcer, or Custodian Trustee
- Setting up and administration of Private Trust Companies (PTC)
- Trust Accounting Services
- Trust migration.
Sphere has a vast experience in company, fund and trust formation. Sphere has set up and administers a number of entities with diverse structures and legal forms.Sphere is duly licensed by the FSC to provide formation services of Mauritian Global Business Companies.
Corporate Management Services
Sphere provides full- fledged corporate management services, including, corporate secretarial services, directorship and other administrative services such as:
- Opening of bank account
- Provision of registered office
- Provision of Nominee shareholder and corporate director
- Handling transactions involving letters of credit
- Accounting services such as book keeping, preparation of monthly accounts and preparation of yearly financial statements
- Tax computation
- Any other activities connected with the administration of the commercial activity of the client.
Sphere provides a one stop shop for fund administration services encompassing investor relations, NAV calculation, reporting, acting as transfer agent etc..Sphere administers numerous funds investing in various parts of Africa and Asia. It acts as fund administrator for different types of funds:
- Private equity/venture capital funds
- open-end equity funds
- Long-short hedge funds
- Shariah Compliant funds
- One-tiered structure funds
- Master-feeder funds
- Side by side funds
- Large private equity funds with parallel vehicles and holding companies.
Sphere provides the following accounting services:
- Keeping accounting records
- Double entry book keeping
- Preparing management accounts and investment schedules
- Calculation of gains and losses
- Management and performance fees calculations
- NAV calculations
- Preparation of financial statements
- Keeping capital accounts for investors.
Compliance and anti-money laundering
Sphere takes full responsibility for conducting due diligence on all parties involved in a company or fund.
Tax computation and advice
Under the Mauritius Income Tax Act 1995, an annual tax return must be filed to the Mauritius Revenue
Authority by all Mauritius incorporated companies (apart from GBL2 Companies), and Mauritius tax resident trusts.
- Tax computation
- Completion of tax return
- Filing for all its clients operating in Mauritius.
Sphere assumes all the statutory responsibilities of a Company Secretary under Mauritius laws for each and
every structure it administers, such as:
- Ensuring that all statutory books and records are kept at the registered office
- Maintenance of all statutory registers
- Register of investors for funds
- Maintenance of the minutes book
- Advising the Board with respect to meetings
- Any issue under the Companies Act with respect to meetings and filings
The in house legal team of Sphere provides support on all legal compliance matters, including the
vetting of agreements and contracts pertaining to client businesses
Sphere provides professional directors of high calibre and capable of exercising independence of mind and
judgement and have the requisite experience of company and fund administration and management.
It is universally a core requirement that a company is tax resident in a jurisdiction where its central management
and control is located. Central management and control is deemed to take place in the jurisdiction where the board of
directors of the entity meets to conduct business and take important strategic decisions of the entity.
General back-office administration
Sphere provides services which cover all aspects of business administration:
- Opening and operation of bank
- custody, prime brokerage accounts
- Processing bank transfer instructions
- Effecting payments on behalf of the client entities
- Effecting all regulatory filings
- Signing of agreements
- Liaison with investee company
- Processing subscription & redemption notices
- Issuing capital call notices
- Issuing contract notes for subscriptions
Sphere provides complete accounting outsourcing solutions for investment businesses (e.g. trust accounting,
accounting for investment funds).
The availability and cost of professional accounting skills in Mauritius makes the accounting outsourcing a very
attractive offering from Mauritius.